Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Morning Check up

Matt got some sleep last night. This morning when the interns came in it sounded promising that he might get his chest tube and one of the other tubes out. They are for sure taking him of the heart monitor. Matt got a spray for his mouth which has been helping him handle the NG tube in his throat. The tube in his colon area still has blood in it but not so much this morning. Dr Sugarbaker wants to watch it and see if it is still bleeding in a few days. Hopefully it will stop so they don't have to go in again to fix anything! Matt has been sitting in a chair a few hours each time a couple times yesterday. He walks in place for 5 minutes each time. They do not want him walking the halls unitl that tube (#5) stops bleeding. He is passing gas still. (Hurray)

5 comments:

Jean and Bob said...

Glad to hear you got a more restful night. I wonder why the spray for the throat wasn't used before, or was it?? You are doing a fantastic job with all that is happening. Just hang in there Matt, keep tooting along.
As always, your in our thoughts and prayers.
Jean and Bob

shelly said...

Matt,

Continue to take it easy...we are praying that you stop showing blood in that tube. You and your family are always in my thoughts!

Aunt Shelly

Anonymous said...

hey bud. hang in there. sorry i cant come over by you and visit. Really wish i could. Just to let u know, thinking bout ya everyday and your always in prayers. O Steph says Hi and she wishes you and your family well. Love ya bud, take care!!

Diane from Ohio said...

Hi Matt, just stopped in your room to say Hi and you are doing GREAT. Believe me, I know because I have been through it all too! You are an inspiration to me and you must continue to fight hard and stay mentally positive. I know that crappy nose tube is driving you nuts, but you are already a week out so you're definitely over the hump so just hang in there a little while longer. Each day there will be victories! Even though I will be leaving for Ohio tomorrow, I will be following your progress and praying for a speedy recovery so that you can go home too! Hang tough buddy!

Diane (and Carol) from down the hall in room 8

sharon schlotthauer said...

Hi Matt, I can not blame you for wanting those tubes out. Please stay strong and positive.
Whatever would make your recovery a little easier I wish for you with all my heart.
May God grant you patience.
May God give me knowledge so I don't have to write this message so many times before it finally goes to your blog.