Saturday, February 28, 2009

Rough Night

Yesterday and last night were a little rough. We were having problems with his Ng tube. It was not suctioning out like it was suppose to. It would gather in the stomach and then he would throw up to get the vile out. Throughout the night we had several Doctor in looking at it. They did alot of pulling the tube in and out. We had several different nurses trying to figure out what was going on. In the morning Dr. Sugarbaker came and saw that the NG tube was actually in to far. Pulled it out about 8" and things started to flow better. Matt got about hour and half of sleep and he just got sick again. They flushed the tube again and it started flowing better. Lots of green vile coming out. Matt was told by Dr. Sugarbaker to take it easy again today. Has a few spots on his incision were he is bleeding. Dr Sugarbaker was not concerned with those spots. Figured maybe from vomiting, pressure on his chest. Matt has been doing real good keeping up with his breathing and his leg excerises! He puts Mary and I to work helping him with the leg excerises. To much excerise for Mary and I!!!

Please continue to keep Matt in your prayers.

6 comments:

The Kopplins said...

Matt, Kitty & Brian ~
We will be praying for a much better day for Matt! Bill says, tell Brian we are all out of Diet A&W.
Hugs to all
The Kopplins

future mother-in-law said...

Matt, Sorry to hear you had a rough night. You would think one of them would have known what was wrong. Hate to hear you going thru so much pain.

Unknown said...

Hey Matt -
My name is Krista Zwiebel, Shawn(Kressin) used to give me rides home in high school.. I'm not sure if you remember who I am or not.. but when I heard about this I had to leave you a little message. I am so sorry to hear about what has been happening, you are so strong! I see your pictures and you are still smiling, that's so awesome! Stay positive and know that you have so many people thinking about you and praying for you. You are an inspiration to me, and I'm sure many others. I don't know anybody that would handle this as well as it seems like you have been. You are in mine and my families prayers. Get well soon!

Jean and Bob said...

This blog has become an obsession. I go on it several times a day to see how you are doing. Hopefully your day is going better then your night did. Hang in there Matt, think positive and keep smiling...keep breathing too :) :) :)..
God Bless
Jean and Bob

TMinkk said...

Matt, Kitty & Brian - I don't know you and for the life of me can not remember how I found this blog, but wanted you to know that I have been following Matt since right before the Matt Kenseth postings. I find that I check on this blog two or three times a day. Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
Tina Minkkinen

Kate said...

Matt,
We are Lindsay Spiegel's parents. We are praying for you here in PA. You must be a great guy, Lindsay thinks the world of you. Keep up the good work, it sounds like you are doing so well. We will pray for a restful night sleep. Steve and Kate Spiegel